Wednesday, April 20, 2011

ROW80 April 20 Check-in

Well...I more or less managed to get nothing done so far this week. I've been caught up in a flurry of cover letters, resumes, phone-interviews and bouts of anxiety as I try to secure a internship in Los Angeles for the summer. A summer that is creeping up on me quicker than I expected! I honestly can't believe my freshman year of college is almost over, but I suppose that's for another post.

In any case, I can't quite get away with saying I did nothing on my ROW80 stuff this week, because I am still faithfully taking pictures every day (although I was sadly without my camera for one of the best moments of today--catching a squirrel red-handed as he snuck into the open window of a parked car!) Additionally, I got a lot done Sunday, which according to the way we Americans read the calendar, is the beginning of the week. So THERE. In fact, I wrote over 2,000 words on Sunday alone, and got some more out of 101. I'm starting to see the broader picture of that story. Maybe. I also tried out a new coffee shop to write with. I'm not sure it was an entirely positive experience, but perhaps one day I might go back.

Anyway, I realize it's been a while since I actually linked the ROW80 website, so here it is. Go give those guys some encouragement instead of this failure!

3 comments:

  1. Hey. HEY. 2K words and taking pictures and applying for internships and finishing up your freshman year of college doesn't sound like a failure to me. It sounds like you're pretty AMAZING, actually.

    I wish I could find a cozy, quiet coffee shop near me. That sounds lovely! The only ones I know of are Starbucks, and I'd...rather not.

    Good luck with your internship search! That is sooo exciting. You simply MUST keep us updated as you go continue through that process.

    Happy writing! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. What Claire said. You've done really well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys! And I will probably be doing a post today about my internship quest.

    And a cozy, QUIET coffee shop sounds nice. There are about six dozen cafes for me to choose from, yet somehow they are all invariably crowded and noisy ALL THE TIME. But sometimes I like that kind of atmosphere.

    Also, don't knock Starbucks. I adore Starbucks, I love getting work done there! And their iced chai latte basically tastes like the nectar of the gods.

    ReplyDelete