Wednesday, May 4, 2011

ROW80 May 4 Check-in

Happy Star Wars Day everyone!

This week is "Dead Week" at school, also known as "RRR" week, which to me stands for Rest, Relaxation and Re-organize the sock drawer. It also means I have plenty of time for writing!

The downside is that I have not been utilizing that time, because I've become very invested in, erm, sleeping. Sleeping as much as humanly possible. It's actually becoming a bit of a problem. Getting up late really drastically affects both my mood and my productivity. It affects them negatively, is the thing. So, starting tomorrow I must go back to getting up before 10!

I have been writing almost every day, which is a plus, but I've only been churning out about 200-300 words a day, which is...decidedly not a plus. I figure if I just power through this rough patch, I can go back to writing up to 1200 words a day. I find trying to divide my time between three projects is a little taxing, so I'm planning to focus on Zombies!! until the semester ends.

Gahh! Even this blog post was kind of tough to crank out. I think they call it Dead Week because you just feel like a dead person. Or...dare I say it? Like the undead. End-of-the-semester zombie-ism. Hopefully I can get past it.

EDIT: After writing this post, and after a brief English final review with my favorite professor, I sat down and wrote...drumroll...1300 words! Here's to breaking through rough patches through sheer willpower. And lots and lots of iced tea.

1 comment:

  1. OMG, it's so funny that you are talking about dead week! I was just telling my bro-in-law that the reason they call it dead week is because you want to kill yourself by the end of it. You're supposed to be studying, but instead, you're turning in papers and projects galore!
    I remember those days fondly, but man am I glad I'm past them. Good luck!
    And good luck with your writing, as well.

    ReplyDelete