Sunday, May 1, 2011

ROW80 May 1 Check-in

Oh man oh man I missed the last check-in! That was only because I was enjoying delicious food and wine in San Francisco though, so I figure it's okay.

My semester is wrapping up so I've been ostensibly busy with writing papers and studying for finals and things, but I've done pretty well this week. If I can write another thousand words by the end of today I'll have met my word goal (5,000 words a week.)

Zombies!! has been going, but at a more plodding pace than before. It turns out I am really, really rusty writing action scenes, and I've basically had to slog through like two and half chapters of action the past few weeks. Pretty much done with that chunk though.

I haven't made any progress on 101 this week, but I do have a new project to work on! It's another short story, and I am writing it for the recently announced Machine of Death volume 2! Hurrah! If you aren't familiar with the original Machine of Death anthology, I suggest you get familiar. It's a collection of short stories all based on a concept that spawned from one of my absolute favorite webcomics. I am definitely not missing a chance to submit to volume 2! I hope to be done with the first draft of the story by the end of the month so I will be ready to submit it by the deadline, which is July 15. It means I'm adding a little to my RoW80 goals, but I think I can manage.

Well, until next time, go check out some of the other RoW80 people or go take a look at my A Picture a Day project on tumblr.

4 comments:

  1. Machine of Death is a pretty cool project. Good luck with the story!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agh, I totally hear you on the writing action scenes thing. It always takes me so long to get through them! They really wear me down, mentally. But yay you for getting through that tough section in your WIP! And good job meeting your word count goal! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. After reading this, it occurred to me that writing action scenes is actually harder than writing sex scenes. For me it is, anyway. It sounds like a great anthology, though. Good luck with it. And what a way to start off the end of school- San Fransisco!

    ReplyDelete
  4. action scenes soooo difficult - agonize over them constantly

    ReplyDelete